I'm Patti McCarthy. I live in Alberta, Canada with my two boys, Joshua and Jared. We have two purebred Labrador Retrievers, Rowan and Bentley. I'm a preschool teacher by day and love to scrapbook, read and take photos. I'm a homebody and am content to just hang around the house and be comfy in my pj's watching some of my favourite TV shows. I am a crack berry addict and take my phone with me everywhere. My favourite sayings are SERIOUSLY and WHATEVER! My favourite number is 7 and letter of course is J! I dislike country music, it bores me and puts me to sleep. LOL!
- How long have you been scrapping? I have been scrapbooking for about 12 years. Have you ever paper scrapped? Yes. When did you make the switch to digi and why? I’ve been digi scappin’ since 2009. I hated the mess and cost of paper scrapping. I love the close knit connection I have made in the digi world and will never go back.
- What do you feel is your strongest scrapping skill? Your weakest? My strongest scrapping skill is the ability to use multiple kits on a page by various designers. Layering and elements are my passions My weakness, I would have to say, is "fantasy style pages" and extractions. I don’t work with them enough, I should to strengthen my skills in this area.
- What advice would you give someone just starting out digi-scrapping? Don’t compare yourself to others. If you are passionate, create. Your skills will come with practice
- Describe your scrapping "system"... What program do you use? PSE 10 Where do you start first - photos, papers, elements, journaling? Usually I start with the kit/papers, elements and go from there building my page. Do you always have something in mind when you start, or do you let your creativity guide you? I usually have some sort of vision when I start out of what I want my page to look like or what I want to say in my journaling or messaging to my children. How long does it take you to complete a layout? 1 to 2 hours.
- On average, how much time do you spend scrapping each week? 15 plus hours on average.
- Describe your perfect scrapping environment - coffee? soda? music? snacks? Cold Pop, chips, pretzels, licorice or chocolate!
- What's your favorite thing to do BESIDES scrapping? Reading, I love to read.
- What is one thing you would love to do, just so you could scrap it? Go white water rafting.
- Who inspires you in the scrapping community? Karla Dudley. She is the sweetest ever and her designs are amazing. I love how she just puts everything together it is looks amazing every time. Any person or site in particular that you look to for inspiration? As I CT for several amazing designers, and a couple site CT’s, I’m pleading the Fifth on this one..lol!!
- If you could have Amber create a kit just for you, what colors, theme, etc would it be and why? Grungy, Teen/Tween Boy kit – with lots of numbers, metals, grids, tags,paint!
Chin Up Buttercup
I’m going through a separation in my marriage and this kit fit what I was feeling to a “T”.
When I saw this kit by Mirjam of Pink Reptile Designs, I knew that I had the perfect picture to go with it. My son is such a ‘card’ and this picture just screamed to be scrapped.
Stolen Moments Layout
Run Jump Play
Love this kit by Jenn Barrette and SMD! I was so inspired creating with it. Just One of the Boys is one of my all time favourite kits. IMO, there isn’t enough cool functional boy kits with elements and colours that can be used over and over again.
Most Recent Layout
A Piece of Heaven and Heart
These two are what makes my life worth living. So many people choose books a garden to be their sanctuary. My sanctuary and what keeps me grounded and at peace with life and myself is my children.