Thursday, March 4, 2010

I got my book!

Share
So, I got my book last week sometime, and just now got around to taking some pictures.. I wanted to share them all with you, since some people left comments wanting to know how it turned out.. Overall, I love it! The color of the printed pages was a little redder than I expected compared to my screen, but that's to be expected - can't match everything every time - but they definitely still look great! I did however, learn that my photography/editing skills need some MAJOR work! They were so dull compared to the awesome kits I was using! LOL!

I haven't ever had anything printed other than on my own printer, so I can't compare the quality to anything, but it's not obviously bad, so I'm going to say it's good..

As far as cropping goes, there was just a little more than I expected there to be.. Nothing major got cut off, but some of the journaling that goes into the binding is a little bit of a struggle to read.. Here are some pics to compare where it was on my digital version and where it ended up printing..





Here's a page where I think the journaling is in the perfect spot to make up for the binding.. I'll have to remember this from now on {it was just under 1/2 an inch in from the edge}...



And the edge of the page cropping.. It only did this on the top and outer edges of the pages.. the bottom wasn't cropped at all..



I opted to go with the matte cover, because the thought of a glossy one took me straight back to high school yearbooks, and I wanted a more sophisticated look than that.. However, it came at a cost.. every little finger or hand print - no matter how clean - shows up.. I'm sure if I had chosen to do a photo instead of the plain black - or even a lighter color - it wouldn't be as much of an issue, but I wanted something simple that I could continue on throughout his life - I'm a little OCD about things matching.. ... You can also see the faint white line down the edge where the book opens and the cover has bent.. prob'ly wouldn't be so obvious with a different cover, but such is life... {It's things like this that make me glad I got a BOGO deal so I can put one away never to be touched..



Anyway, I'm really pleased with how it all turned out - DS loves looking through it - and I'll definitely print with Inkubook again - LOVE that 11x11 size! Oh - and I only found one mistake! Like an idiot I had my journaling on a layer above the string of a tag, so the writing goes right over the top of it.. I'm normally such a stickler about stuff like that, it does drive me a little nutso, but I just chalk it up to trying to get so much done in such a short amount of time.. If nothing else, I've learned to work slow and steady on these, so when sales happen, I'm ready.. Maybe one day I'll get caught up....... Yeah. My thoughts exactly...

See you tomorrow with the new kit..


No comments: