I'm the daughter of a Heavenly King, proud Army wife and stay at home mom to two mischievous little boys, Brady, 3 and Noah, 1. I started out as a high school science teacher, then taught 2nd grade, then changed career paths and was a Realtor and fitness instructor. To be honest, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up! LOL! But, for now, I'm content being Mom! I grew up in Louisiana and have, in the last 6 years, lived in Tennessee, Kentucky, Germany (where the boys were born) and now back in Louisiana. Gotta love the Army life! I'm thankful for the grace of a Savior and the friends and family He's placed in my life to lift me up and make me laugh!
- How long have you been scrapping? Digi-Scrapping for about a year and a half. Have you ever paper scrapped? Yeah. The first album I did was of my husband's first deployment.
- When did you make the switch to digi and why? I switched to digi while on bed rest with Noah. A friend showed me her albums and I was like, "What?! You can do that digitally?? Without all that mess?!" I was hooked. Moving every few years (or sometimes months) made it really difficult to lug around all of those paper supplies. Every move I was left unpacking boxes and boxes and then trying to find a place to organize it all.
- What do you feel is your strongest scrapping skill? Gosh, I don't know! Your weakest? Multi-photo LO's!! I always struggle with them! And titles...I struggle a lot with the wording of my titles.
- What advice would you give someone just starting out digi-scrapping? Just be true to you. Remember, that it's about telling your story...who you are, where you've been, who and what you love. Don't stress. It doesn't have to be perfect! Just enjoy the process of creating something beautiful that will become a part of your legacy.
- Describe your scrapping "system"... What program do you use? I use PSE 7 and dream of one day having "big photoshop". It's just hard to justify the expense with two little one who out grow every thing in their closets on what seems like a monthly basis! Where do you start first - photos, papers, elements, journaling? Who knows! LOL! I may be inspired by a photo, a kit, a story, a font, sometimes just a single element! Do you always have something in mind when you start, or do you let your creativity guide you? Oh no! I never know where I'm going or where I'll end up! LOL! How long does it take you to complete a layout? On average 1-2 hours.
- On average, how much time do you spend scrapping each week? I usually do one or two LO's a day. That's how I spend nap times!
- Describe your perfect scrapping environment - coffee? soda? music? snacks? I'm not a big snacker, but I am a java junkie, so a hot cupa joe is usually by my side and I always listen to The Message, a christian music channel on digital cable while I'm scrapping.
- What's your favorite thing to do BESIDES scrapping? Travel. I loved living in Europe, because any weekend could turn into a mini-vacay!
- What is one thing you would love to do, just so you could scrap it? Spend a month in Santorini, Greece!! My husband and I were going to go while we lived in Germany, but it's not the most kid friendly place seeing it's perched on top of an ocean filled crater! But, one day...one day!
- Who inspires you in the scrapping community? Any person or site in particular that you look to for inspiration? I seem to find inspiration lurks in just about every gallery I visit! There are so many talented scrapers and designers out there!
- If you could have Amber create a kit just for you, what colors, theme, etc would it be and why? Why, she already did! haha She created Heartbreaker for me for Noah's 1st birthday. He was born on Valentine's Day and I wanted to do a Valentine theme for his 1st party, but I couldn't find a kit that didn't look like Pepto was smeared all over the papers. Pink and red would NOT work for my boy, so she amped up the grunge and Heartbreaker was born! It was perfect!
OH-EM-GEE!! I cringe looking at this now! I think this was the second or third LO I ever did. I replaced the first two already! The *only* reason this one is still on my hard-drive is to remind me that I desperately need to re-do it!! Man...I've come a long way, yeah?
Ahhh...I love this LO! The photo is of my baby, Noah. It's probably my favorite photo of him. I love the pops of color against the black and white and I LOVE the grunge! I'm all about the grunge!! These days I rarely do a LO without it.
This is one of my favorite LO's for a few reasons. I love the bright pops of color against the dark background and I love that photo of B. You can just see the mischief. Can't you? :) What I really love about it though, is the memory it captures. These days he says so many cute little things. I love that I have this outlet to capture them all.
There I go with the grunge again! LOL! I love the colors here. This is one of my all time favorite kits too (and it's by Amber...For The Love Of collabs.) I love the photo of Brady and my hubby. I love the memories of laughter it evokes.
Using Stolen Moments Products
This is the first LO I did with one of Amber's kits. I used Into The Night. It's still one of my all time fav's! Looking at it now, I realize that now-a-days, I don't usually have this much negative space on my LO's. Hmmm...maybe I should incorporate it more often!
Most Recent Layout
This is my most recent LO and also one of my favorites. I just love the soft, vintage feel to it. Plus, it has photos of both of my monkeys! They're not perfect photos, but they're real and they show them as they are...busy and often uncooperative! LOL! :)
Thanks for sharing with Jordan! I'm always so inspired when I see Jordan's work! Want to see more of her wonderful work? Be sure and check out her GALLERY!