I began digi-scrapping in July 2009 and I instantly loved it; where has this been all my life?! I never was a paper scrapper, but was pretty handy around a computer. It helps that I have a fun muse (and constant source of photos) – my now 4 ½ year old son. I’ve just grudgingly entered “the 40s,” I’m married and have my son, a 115-pound lap dog - Raven, and Henry Cat. For my day job(s), I am an insurance agent part-time and also work for my husband in his business as well. I wear LOTS of hats. It’s a wonder I have time to scrap!
- How long have you been scrapping? Have you ever paper scrapped? When did you make the switch to digi and why? Been digi-scrapping since July 2009. My friend Maria convinced me to try it and I was instantly hooked!
- What do you feel is your strongest scrapping skill? Blends Your weakest? Combining kits
- What advice would you give someone just starting out digi-scrapping? If you don’t know your scrapping program very well, get familiar with it! There are plenty of places in the digi-scrapping world to get tips and hints. For example, do some challenges in the forum – it’ll help you learn new skills! And if you want to try something that someone else did in their LO, ask them! Fellow digi-scrappers are helpful (and will be honored that you asked!).
- Describe your scrapping "system"... What program do you use? Where do you start first - photos, papers, elements, journaling? Do you always have something in mind when you start, or do you let your creativity guide you? How long does it take you to complete a layout? HA! I wish I had a formula. Usually I start with photos, then find a kit and maybe a template pack that I want to use. Journaling is SUPER important to me, so I always make sure I leave plenty of space for it. I don’t always have something in mind – if I did I think the finished product would look a lot different than what I envision which is why I don’t like to limit myself at the beginning. It takes me several hours to complete a LO (even if I use a template) because I’m soooo picky!
- On average, how much time do you spend scrapping each week? Probably 6-8 hours, but I wish it was more.
- Describe your perfect scrapping environment - coffee? soda? music? snacks? Okay, my perfect scrapping environment is something I still strive for: no hubby or child to interrupt, a great action/comedy movie on TV, a cold Pepsi One over ice and some white cheddar popcorn. Wow... that’s pretty specific, huh? LOL!
- What's your favorite thing to do BESIDES scrapping? Quilting and fabric dyeing.
- What is one thing you would love to do, just so you could scrap it? Go to Japan and be a Samurai for a day.
- Who inspires you in the scrapping community? Any person or site in particular that you look to for inspiration? Oh my… that’s such a hard one! I don’t think there is any ONE person that inspires me, but I love to scroll through the store and/or the gallery and see if anything calls to me. The talent that’s out in digi-land truly is inspiring!
- If you could have Amber create a kit just for you, what colors, theme, etc would it be and why? I love every kit that Amber makes – they’re all in my go-to stash. I think something that might be missing for me is a good Amber-ized Zoo kit. I’ve got a few cutesy, bold cartoon kits, but I’d like one with muted colors and Amber-style elements.
This was my first layout! As I look back, it’s not horrible, but I probably will revisit it soon to use the skills I’ve acquired since then. I had made homemade play-doh and chronicled it.
This was the night before our big Day out with Thomas in Connersville, IN. We spent the night before in that town since it was several hours from home and we found this park to play in. This LO is one of my faves b/c I tweaked the color of the photos slightly to blend with the kit.
This one about the golf cart is one of my faves because it makes me laugh every time I look at it! I am transported back to the lake and how serious you are about the golf cart.
Most Recent Layout
This is a remake of an older layout. This was my son’s gift from my in-laws for his 2nd birthday.
Stolen Moments Layout
This was a fun LO to do – I made it ‘a week in the life of Andrew’ and I will treasure this one forever. I’ve discovered that it’s the snippets of real life that will mean the most someday.
Cara is seriously inspiring don't you think? To view more of her layouts please check out her GALLERY!