Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Project Life Filler Page

Share
Hey all, Jewelle here to share a very simple hybrid project with you.  Project Life is every where these days.  This is my second year doing Project life.  I have chosen to do my Project Life hybrid style and use a lot of my digi stash to compliment my paper products.  Back in January my daughter had a birthday and I wanted to document some of her birthday photos in our Project Life album.  I created an insert with photos of her on the big day.


I then ran into the problem that I didn't have any photos for the back!  Ack!  What to do?  In the end I decided to create filler page for the back using a piece of paper from Amber's Set Me Free kit.  Today I'm going to show you how to make a basic filler page for your album!

***Please note the dimensions I refer to are for a baseball card page protector.***

1.  Open up a 8.5 x 11 canvas in Photoshop.

2.  Using the shape tool create nine rectangles that measures 2.5 in x 3.5 in.  Line them up so that they are three across and three down.  Their edges should also be touching.


3.  Open a 12 x12 digi paper and drag it onto your 8.5 x 11 canvas.  Position the 12 x 12 so that it is covering all the rectangles.  Beginning at the bottom clip this paper to your first shape.  Duplicate your 12 x12 paper, but don't move it!  Over in your layer bin move the duplicated paper up a layer. Now clip that to the second shape.  Repeat for all nine shapes.


4. When finished clipping the 12 x12 paper to all nine rectangles you should end up with a rectangle that has your patterned paper sectioned off. At this point you can flatten each layer and place a 1px black stroke on each.  This will give you a guide for where to cut your cards apart.


5.  Now you are ready to print.  I chose to print on a textured cardstock to give even more life to Amber's beautiful patterned paper.

6.  Cut along the lines, creating your nine cards.  Round the corners if you desire.  Slip cards into your page protector.  Double check that they are in the correct order.  It is almost like putting a puzzle together!  Tada, you are finished!

This is the view of what mine looked like printed off and assembled.


As my girls flip through our Project Life album this is one of their favorite pages to stop on.  They look at the pictures on the front and then love to turn it over to see the pretty flowers and birds.  I love that I was able to use a patterned paper to create a pretty backing for the photos. 

Any questions concerning the tutorial please leave a comment on this post and I will get back to you as soon as possible.  Now go ahead and brighten up your Project Life album, or any other pocket page album, with a little bit of color from a filler page!  Be sure and link up any filler pages you make using Stolen Moments products here in the comments and over at the Stolen Moments Gallery so we can see them!

No comments: