Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Spotlighting Tanya

Share
Well, it has been a bit since we had a CT spotlight, so how about I introduce you to February's guest CTM?


Tanya
{aka tanya.72}

Hi! I am Tanya (tanya.72). I am 27 years old and live in Southern Utah. I have been married to DH for 8 years and we have one son who is 3 years old. We love to do anything outside! We love camping, snowmobiling, and ANYTHING to do with horses!  I am currently finishing up my degree in Dental Hygiene and will be taking my board exams in the next month. So, right now my life pretty much consists of school and scrapping when I get a chance. I have currently found a love for photography and when I am done with school plan to work on perfecting my skills a little more. 

  1. How long have you been scrapping? About 2.5 years  Have you ever paper scrapped? Yes! When I was 8 I asked for scrapping supplies for my birthday and scrapped until I had my first child. When did you make the switch to digi and why? Right after I had my first child. I knew I wanted to scrap his life but I just couldn't find the time and had a hard time keeping him out of all of the mess. 
  2. What do you feel is your strongest scrapping skill? I have no clue ha ha! Maybe my ability to use every element in a kit on one LO (then again...not sure if this is a skill or an obsession) Your weakest? Simplicity. I really love the look of the simplistic LOs but have a really hard time achieving that look. 
  3. What advice would you give someone just starting out digi-scrapping? Head to the forums! There is so much to learn when going digi and sometimes it can be frustrating but there are so many nice and friendly people in the digi community that are more than willing to help. 
  4. Describe your scrapping "system"... What program do you use?  CS4 Where do you start first - photos, papers, elements, journaling? I always start with papers.   Do you always have something in mind when you start, or do you let your creativity guide you? I usually always have an idea before I start.  How long does it take you to complete a layout? Usually about 1.5-2 hrs. I am kind of a slow scrapper. 
  5. On average, how much time do you spend scrapping each week? I would say between 3-5 hours. 
  6. Describe your perfect scrapping environment - coffee? soda?  music?  snacks? A lot of times I scrap when everyone else is asleep so I have my Itunes playing quietly and usually a glass of ice water. If I scrap during the day I am more likely to snack! 
  7. What's your favorite thing to do BESIDES scrapping? Spend time with my boys! 
  8. What is one thing you would love to do, just so you could scrap it? Walk on the beach holding hands with my boys. 
  9. Who inspires you in the scrapping community?  Any person or site in particular that you look to for inspiration? Oh gosh...there are so many! I would say designers are probably my biggest inspiration. If I see a kit that I just LOVE then I will find a picture to scrap with. There are also so many scrappers out there that I love to drool over their work. I would say the SM CT team is so inspirational. I love all of the different "styles" this team has! 
  10. If you could have Amber create a kit just for you, what colors, theme, etc would it be and why? A Cowboy kit! I have so many horse/rodeo pictures that I need to scrap and can't find the kind of kit I want to scrap all of my pictures. A lot of the cowboy kits have an "Old West"  feel to them and are usually red and navy so they all look a lot the same. I would like a kit with some brighter colors and some fun patterned prints. For example: cowhide paper, big buckles and spurs and leather strips etc... 
First Layout
This was my first digi LO ever! There is not much to say about it besides...I hope I have improved ha ha! ;)

Favorite Layouts
I don't know why but I really like how this LO turned out. It came together really quick and easy and I just love that pic of my little boy!

I also love this LO. This is a picture I took of my son on his first day of preschool. I just love his little feet. The colors are also very fun an boyish. 

Using Stolen Moments Products 
I love the kit Lakeside that is a Stolen Moments and WM [Squared] Collab. The bright colors really make this LO!

Most Recent Layout 
The most recent LO I completed was actually a LO about me. When I went back through all of the LOs I completed in 2010 I was only in a few. I just felt like I would make a LO about me so when my kids look back they at least know what I looked like.

Doesn't Tanya do fabulous work?!  She has actually been guesting for since January and have enjoyed having her working with us.  To see more of her stunning work check out her BLOG and her GALLERY

No comments: