My name is Marlen, I`m 34 year old and live with my partner and our 2 sons (7 and 1 1/2) in Berlin, Germany. I just started working again after my parental leave, I`m working as sales assistant. Besides scrapping I LOVE to read, music (I`m always singing around even though I`m not the best singer). I also LOVE meeting my girls... it`s just not so easy to find enough time to meet as often as we`d like to. I also love movies and tv-series like Grey`s Anatomy, Vampire Diaries, and Desperate Housewives.
- How long have you been scrapping? Have you ever paper scrapped? When did you make the switch to digi and why? I started digi-scrapping in 2006. I saw a few layouts around on the web and I liked what I saw, so I just tried it by myself :) I never was a paper scrapper. I think I´m not patient enough to do this.
- What do you feel is your strongest scrapping skill? Your weakest? I think I`m good in a clean and straight scrapping-style. My blendings also are not too bad. I`m not so good in making FULL pages. I always LOVE to look at pages that are full of elements, pictures, layerings and clusterings - but I never made it to perfection on my own pages.
- What advice would you give someone just starting out digi-scrapping? Look for some inspiration and find out what you like, then just start trying. Learning by doing, practice is everything.
- Describe your scrapping "system"... What program do you use? Where do you start first - photos, papers, elements, journaling? Do you always have something in mind when you start, or do you let your creativity guide you? How long does it take you to complete a layout? The program I use is a very simple one, it`s called PhotoImpact. Most of the time I have pictures on my mind and a basic idea how my page should look like. Since I work on photobooks it`s easier for me to scrap.I just want to tell the story of my pictures, saving the memories. For my "work" as CTM I see a kit and think about pictures I may have, most of the time I find something in my files and if not I think about a photoless-page or I do a RAK for people I like. I also love to browse to galleries and let all the talented scrappers out there inspire me. To complete a layout I need 2-3 hours, sometimes more. Actually I just scrap one layout a day, when I`m ready I look at it, think about how I like it and change something here and there.
- On average, how much time do you spend scrapping each week? That`s very different. I it`s a matter how often I have to work and how my mojo flows. But I try to scrap a lot, I want to finish my photobooks and there`s still a lot of work to do :)
- Describe your perfect scrapping - coffee? soda? music? snacks? I love to have coffee on my desk and listenig to radio in the background, and the web. No snacks.
- What's your favorite thing to do BESIDES scrapping? Spending time with my family is the most important thing. Making pictures, reading books, music, meeting friends.
- Who inspires you in the scrapping community? Any person or site in particular that you look to for inspiration? There are a few scrappers I like, but actually I just LOVE browsing through galleries and letting them inspire me. I love the galleries at DST, SM & TLP to do that - so much creative stuff to find there, wow!
- If you could have Amber create a kit just for you, what colors, theme, etc would it be and why? Today I`d say a summer kit, with bright colors, FUN and colorful
elements, just to feel the summer warmth. I also had ideas for a
darker vampire-themed kit, since I love Twilight and Vampire Diaries.
I did this layout for a dear web-friend, it`s her little dd on the picture.
This page is about my two sons and their newest nicknames.
This is the story of doing a little at home-excavation to have our own dino-skeleton.
Most Recent Layout
These are two pictures of my grandparents. Unfortunately I don`t know much about it, just that they were in Mongolia.
Stolen Moment's Layout
This is about a date with the doctor.
I could spend all day looking at Marlen's wonderful layouts. To see more of her amazing work, be sure and pop over to her GALLERY and stay a spell!