Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Spotlighting Meghann and Dawn

Share
It is all about business today!  We've got not one but TWO wonderful guests I would like to introduce you to today!  They have been helping out all month, so lets say hi to...

Meghann

I am 28 years old; married to my best friend (I know, sounds cliche, but we were best friends before we started dating); mommy to two, with a new baby due in early January; paralegal by day; exhausted by night; and scrapping in between.
  1. How long have you been scrapping?  Have you ever paper scrapped?  When did you make the switch to digi and why? I started with paper scrapping about 15 years ago and switched to digi-scrapping 3 years ago when I realized I hadn't had one photo printed in about 6 months. I figured it was time to get things scrapped without worrying about printing the pictures first.
  2. What do you feel is your strongest scrapping skill?  Your weakest? My strongest scrapping skill is probably trying new things - I love to attempt new styles and use new techniques. My weakest skill is definitely layering and coming up with titles.
  3. What advice would you give someone just starting out digi-scrapping? Start! It's really not a big commitment to try, so just dive in and buy one or two kits that are versatile and work your way up from there.
  4. Describe your scrapping "system"... What program do you use?  Where do you start first - photos, papers, elements, journaling?  Do you always have something in mind when you start, or do you let your creativity guide you?  How long does it take you to complete a layout? I use Photoshop CS4. My "system" is to just find inspiration from something - a kit, a photo, a specific element - and just get started.
  5. On average, how much time do you spend scrapping each week? I have been known to scrap A LOT, but recently life has taken some interesting turns and I haven't had much time to just sit and scrap. I have loved the opportunity to guest with Stolen Moments because it is getting me back into the grove of scrapping.
  6. Describe your perfect scrapping environment - coffee? soda?  music?  snacks? When I start scrapping, my husband goes to work on his hobbies in the other room. So, scrapping is my time to catch up on girly shows. When I'm not pregnant, soda is a MUST.
  7. What's your favorite thing to do BESIDES scrapping? I love to read blogs.
  8. What is one thing you would love to do, just so you could scrap it? Go to Disneyland again.
  9. Who inspires you in the scrapping community?  Any person or site in particular that you look to for inspiration? I wouldn't even want to begin to name names, but Amber (Stolen Moments) leaves such wonderful comments that I always feel inspired to scrap more.
  10. If you could have Amber create a kit just for you, what colors, theme, etc would it be and why? Hmm...probably something Christmas-y because I am so excited for Christmas this year!
First Layout
 Favorite Layout

Most Recent Layout

Be sure and check out more of Meghann's amazing GALLERY!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Our next guest is....
Dawn

I'm a Christian SAHM to 4 little girls!  My wonderful husband works 2 jobs so I can stay home with the girls!  I have been digi scrapping since the summer of 2007, and love every minute of it!
  1. How long have you been scrapping?  Have you ever paper scrapped?  When did you make the switch to digi and why? Before digi scrapping, I paper scrapped for probably 15 years!  Having 4 girls, it was too hard to paper scrap anymore!  I loved the look of the digi layouts, and how easy and mess free they were!
  2. What do you feel is your strongest scrapping skill? Clustering or cluttering (sometimes it feels more like the last one).  Your weakest? White space and single photo layouts.  I take TONS of photos, and it's hard to just pick one layout to put on a page, when I LOVE them all!
  3. What advice would you give someone just starting out digi-scrapping? Get involved in a digi scrapping site (I personally think SM is the best!)  It's a great way to learn new techniques and make GREAT friends who will become closer than some of your IRL friends!
  4. Describe your scrapping "system"... What program do you use?  Where do you start first - photos, papers, elements, journaling?  Do you always have something in mind when you start, or do you let your creativity guide you?  How long does it take you to complete a layout? I start each layout with the photos in mind first.  I will open up the photos I want (this gives me an idea of how many spaces I need for a template too).  Than I open the papers and than the elements.  A title and journaling are always last!  Some layouts just come together quickly, where others take a lot more time!  The longest layout has taken 2 days to finally finish up.  Those are usually the ones that I'm just not sure of, and they don't seem to be coming together the way I want.
  5. On average, how much time do you spend scrapping each week? (You won't share this info with my husband will you?)  I am probably on the computer about 6 hours a day (depending on the day and how much household chores there are).  That's not all scrapping though.  That's a lot of looking around SM at all the latest news, chatting with friends and checking in with CT's, along with leaving love in the gallery and downloading new kits to play with.
  6. Describe your perfect scrapping environment - coffee? soda?  music?  snacks? Usually, it's super quiet with nothing but me, the computer and sometimes a glass of water or something to drink.  However, I've found I'm more creative when I have music on. 
  7. What's your favorite thing to do BESIDES scrapping? I love to travel (my favorite things to do on a trip, are to see waterfalls).  I also like to read and do photography.
  8. What is one thing you would love to do, just so you could scrap it? I would love to go zip lining again, on a cruise and to Australia.  I went zip lining once, but didn't have my camera!  I'd love to do it again, with my camera, so I could scrap the moment!  I'd love go on a cruise to use some cute kits and beach elements, and Australia is my DREAM vacation...so that's a given!
  9. Who inspires you in the scrapping community?  Any person or site in particular that you look to for inspiration?  I love to look at my online Best Friends galleries!  My Best Friend in real life, is Neverland Scraps, so I love to look at her gallery to catch up on what's going on with her and her family.  I love looking at Amanda (dznyscrappers) layouts too.  Also Kellig, whom I met in real life and became good friends with!  Even though I'm inspired by their styles of scrap, I really like to read about what's going on in their lives....much more personal than reading a blog!
  10. If you could have Amber create a kit just for you, what colors, theme, etc would it be and why? It would have to be about Australia and travel/ photography!  (If it had something to do with waterfalls too, that would be perfect!).  It would have to have lots of green in it, since that is my favorite color, and probably include Proverbs 3: 5 & 6 and Jeremiah 29: 11-14 my favorite Bible verses.
First Layout

Favorite Layout

Most Recent Layout

Layout Using Stolen Moments Products

Thanks Dawn!  Make sure you visit Dawn's GALLERY to see more fantastic layouts!




No comments: