Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Spotlighting Liz

Share
How is everyone this Tuesday morning?  Mine is starting out nicely!  To help you kick off your day today I get to introduce you to another one of our guest CTM.  Liz is such a talented lady, and I'm sure you will be inspired by her creations!

Liz

I am a mother to 2 girls (Molly 19 months, and Carrie 3).  Been married to my awesome husband, Jon for 4 years in April.  I work as an attorney in sunny Arizona.  Born in Houston, Texas, raised in Arizona, went to law school in Boston.  I'm a self-proclaimed band geek and Trekkie.  And I have a 10 month old Westie puppy named Spock.

  1. How long have you been scrapping?  Have you ever paper scrapped?  When did you make the switch to digi and why?  I casually paper scrapped back in college but was never really into it. I love digital because there is no mess!  I started getting serious about digital scrapping during Queen of Scrap in 2009.
  2. What do you feel is your strongest scrapping skill?  use of patterns.  I love patterned paper. Your weakest? Knowing when to stop!  I want to often put every element on a page!
  3. What advice would you give someone just starting out digi-scrapping?  Never straight copy someones layout.  Take inspiration from others and make it your own.
  4. Describe your scrapping "system"... What program do you use?  Where do you start first - photos, papers, elements, journaling?  Do you always have something in mind when you start, or do you let your creativity guide you?  How long does it take you to complete a layout?  I use a Frankenstein PC with Photoshop CS4 and my ever present Picasa open. I also use a Bamboo Touch tablet.  I usually start with photos and then find my background papers, place them and then create shapes for my pictures.  Journaling is always last and it depends on the layout if I do elements of title next.   Sometimes I have a really specific idea, other times I just let the product speak to me.  On average I can usually get a layout done in about 60-80 minutes if I'm not interrupted too much.
  5. On average, how much time do you spend scrapping each week? I honestly have no idea, a couple hours at night, probably about 4 a piece on the weekends.  Nowadays I can sneak it in during my workday.
  6. Describe your perfect scrapping environment - coffee? soda?  music?  snacks? Usually a soda or glass of water.  TV for background noise.  About 4 tabs open in my web browser.  DH next to me on his PC playing whatever game he is into that month.  Children asleep.
  7. What's your favorite thing to do BESIDES scrapping?  Watching reality TV especially Top Chef and anything on Food Network
  8. What is one thing you would love to do, just so you could scrap it?  Going on a Disney cruise or get a drastic hair cut.
  9. Who inspires you in the scrapping community?  Any person or site in particular that you look to for inspiration?  Um everyone!  Seriously!  I believe in finding inspiration everywhere.  If I had to name a few I would say:  kjersti, Cyndi142, Linz, Quiltymom and kmkarayannis
  10. If you could have Amber create a kit just for you, what colors, theme, etc would it be and why? That is easy.  It would be a marching band kit in maroon gold, football grass green, gray, brown, black, and white. Why?  Because I am a band geek and maroon and gold are my alma mater's colors (GO DEVILS!)
Liz has this spectacular gallery just bursting with inspirational layouts.  Here title work is always to die for.  Be sure and take a peek at them in her layouts below.

 First Layout
 
Favorite  Layouts


Layout using Stolen Moments Products
 

Most Recent Layout

Thanks Liz for sharing with us.  Check out more of Liz's fabulous work at her GALLERY!

No comments: