Friday, April 20, 2012

Something Very Vintage

Share
I've been doing a lot of reading lately (thanks to those "never-ending" feedings with the wee one) and recently read Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen.  What an absolutely captivating story!  I saw the movie when it first came out last year, but don't remember being quite as affected by the movie as I was the book.  As one of my friends said, "Definitely one of those books that really pulls you into the story and leaves you feeling a little lost after reading it. Hard to get back to reality after a book like that!" and I couldn't agree more - highly recommended!  Anyhow, the point of that shining review is to lay the foundation of the inspiration for my newest kit, First of May.



A little history for you: "First of May" is a circus term also used in the carnival, meaning a novice performer in his first season on a show. Shows used to leave winter quarters for their opening spot on the first of May, and there are always some new workers hired on the first of May who have never worked shows before.  While you may not have anyone near and dear who is a true First of May, I'm sure everyone could use a kit to scrap about the first time you or your family visit the circus, or how your life IS a circus... Just look what my CT did with it..

by Jordan


by LeeAndra


by Marlen



by Debby


by Sara


by Kim

As always, all new releases at ScrapMatters are 20% off thru Sunday.  (If you subscribe to my newsletter, there's an exclusive coupon for extra savings this week, so be sure it check it out.)

Until next time.. Happy Scrapping!

No comments: