Thursday, August 19, 2010

Spotlighting Sam

Share
Summer is almost over!  Can you believe it?  I sure can't.  I didn't get half of what I should have done, including Stolen Moments spotlights!  Today I have another guest CT member to introduce you too.  This lady has been scrapping stunning pages for Amber all month long.  When I grow up I want to be a scrapper just like her ;)  Introducing....

Sam

I work in a biotech company as a production planner in the day, then I turn into mommy to 3 princesses, Mckenna(7), Cheyenne(5), and Piper (soon to be 4!).  I've been married to Jeff for 10 awesome years, he's the best father and husband anyone could wish for.  I also have 3 cats and 2 rotties.  It's a quite a full house, so currently we're under construction and adding 2 more rooms to our rapidly shrinking house!
  1. How long have you been scrapping?   8 year all together. Have you ever paper scrapped?  yes, about the time my eldest was born through a CM party.  When did you make the switch to digi and why?  Ran out of space and time.  I still have a few unfinished paper pages!
  2. What do you feel is your strongest scrapping skill? Clustering and layering  Your weakest?  Titlework (ugh!)  Many times I leave the title out altogether.
  3. What advice would you give someone just starting out digi-scrapping? Don't be afraid to try different things.   You can always undo something you don't like.  Play around as much as you can before printing your pages out.  It takes time to find what you like and what you're comfortable with.
  4. Describe your scrapping "system"... What program do you use?  PSE 5 Where do you start first - photos, papers, elements, journalingActually, that's exactly the order I do things!  How long does it take you to complete a layout? Luckily it takes me about a couple of hours now.  It used to take a couple of days when I started!
  5. On average, how much time do you spend scrapping each week?  Hmmm, who's counting? LOL  I'm ashamed to say probably too much!
  6. Describe your perfect scrapping environment - coffee? soda?  music?  snacks? A hot mocha or java chip with the TV in the background (tuned into Spongebob, Dora, iCarly or something to that nature).
  7. What's your favorite thing to do BESIDES scrapping? Shopping, watching movies and filling up on popcorn.
  8. What is one thing you would love to do, just so you could scrap it? Travel around the world.
  9. Who inspires you in the scrapping community?  Any person or site in particular that you look to for inspiration? I'm actually inspired by artists that use a lot of white space like Sarah Cornish (my3hens) and Becca (BeccaBoo).  I love their style of clustering and layering while not making the page too heavy.  They keep the elements small and crop their pictures so well, the composition and arrangement of their LOs are amazing.  On the other end of the spectrum, I'm also a fan of Cindy Schneider, her fabulous layering and multi-photo pages are just wonderful to look at.  There's always so much going on in her pages. 
  10. If you could have Amber create a kit just for you, what colors, theme, etc would it be and why? I would love Amber to create a construction kit.  We're adding onto our home and the backyard is a mess right now.  I'm taking pics everyday to chronicle the progress.  
 Now that you know a bit about Sam I get the pleasure of showing you some of her rockin' layouts!!!

First Layout
Favorite Layouts


Most Recent Layout

Love all those inspiring layouts don't you?  To see more of Sam's inspiring work check out her GALLERY!  Stay tuned next week to meet another guest CT member!

No comments: