Monday, October 13, 2008

Star-Crossed

Share
Ok - one look at this preview, and you'll know exactly what my inspiration was for this kit... And I know I'm not fooling anyone, but my husband and I have been reading America's favorite vampire love-story (me for the second time, him for the first) and I thought it would be fun to do something a little more moody and dramatic than I typically do.. [You may think it odd that a grown man is reading a series generally accepted as being written for teenage girls, but he wanted to be supportive of his childhood-babysitter-turned-insanely-successful-author... I'm not one for name-dropping, so that's as close as I'll get to admitting my favorite claim to fame]..I think it turned out okay.. you? I tried really hard not to be too literal - notice the "stylized forest" paper - while at the same time not going too goth or s&m... I wanted mysterious elegance, and this is what I came up with...

I'll tell you, though, I had a heck of a time coming up with a name! I didn't want to go for the obvious choice (1) because that was too easy, and (2) for copyright purposes. I was also careful to find images that wouldn't be in violation of any cover art copyrights while still giving credit to my inspiration... Those of you who regularly use my products can appreciate the frustration I went through when I kept having to rename each and every individual file every time I changed my mind on what to call this kit... All my ideas were either already taken, too morbid, or otherwise unavailable... So - this may not be the most accurate to the books, but it will have to do... I hope you like it!


This kit has been retired..

15 comments:

Liz B said...

I love this paper pack, and I haven't even read Twilight...yet. You did such a great job!

Penny S said...

This is very elegant. I like it. Hmm, my bff recently told me about this teenage vampire love story series was out and that I would love it. I'm a huge reader. I'm intrigued so I guess my girls and I will be starting this new series soon!

casskaye said...

Oh my. I feel so out of the loop. But I Love the papers! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

Jen Graham said...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I am reading the whole series the third time through right now. As soon as I saw the apple and the chess piece I knew the inspiration... I didn't even have to read your description.

LOVE the new kit!

Simply Sarah said...

First... I love the colors and design of these papers. Perfect for creating some hybrid art for my kitchen (I am painting the walls red, cabinets white and I have black counter tops). I have been on the look out for cool papers.

Second, I seriously need to jump on board with these books. Everyone is talking about them and creating great stuff for them. Ellie Lash created two mini kits (one for edward and one for Jacob). Does anyone have a book I can borrow?

Thanks for the great papers.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing! Love the papers and can't wait for the rest. I'm definitely going to have to start reading these books theres so much buzz!

Melissa said...

You are funny. I love the papers and you! Way to go.

Anonymous said...

What a Wonderful gift...thank you so much for your generosity. As for Jacob etc.. I'm not so patiently waiting for my boss to finish reading book one, so that I may get started. All this fervor makes me anxious :-)

Thank you again for sharing your talent and hard work.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful papers. Thanks so much for sharing.

Alisha LeBaron said...

I love it thanks!

Nicole said...

I haven't read the book, but will watch the movie :D But... love the papers, reminds me of it! :D

Unknown said...

love it!!! Can't wait to see what else you've got coming:)

Heidi said...

Oh AWESOME!!! I am listening to the first book on audio and it's really great! I will have to get them all. Thanks so much!

Cauleen said...

Yippee! Thank you!

Kathy Habel said...

A friend emailed me a link to your blog. We were just discussing scrapbooking and she knows I love Twilight. What a perfect match!